I got a forwarded SMS from a pal asking me to give me a Missed Call to his mobile so that he could find it. I buzzed him back asking if anybody actually fell for this trick. He said his head count(of fools) was 8. I decide to give it a go... In spite of frequently making a fool of everyone around and developing a reputation of being a person who perpetually pulls practical jokes on others 10 people actually fell for it!! Then I chanced upon this article...
A freshman at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the Greater Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26, 1997. He was attempting to show how conditioned we have become to the alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment. In his project he urged people to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical “dihydrogen monoxide.” And for plenty of good reasons, since...
1. it causes excessive sweating and vomiting
2. it is a major component in acid rain
3. it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
4. it can kill you if accidentally inhaled
5. it contributes to erosion
6. it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
7. it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical dihydrogen monoxide. Forty-three said yes, six were undecided, and only one knew that the chemical was...
The title of his prize winning project was, “How Gullible Are We?” The conclusion is obvious.